Diabetes Self Management
May 18 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Do you struggle with diabetes?
Learn what you can do to manage your health.
Diabetes Self-Management Class is free but space is limited.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the Disease
- Selecting healthy foods
- Planning healthy menus
- Staying active
- Dealing with stress
- Delaying complications
- Learning to communicate with your family and healthcare team
- Setting goals
This program has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association. Each program offered in 2 ½ hour weekly classes for 6 weeks. Class is at the Central Texas Council of Governments, 2180 North Main Street in Belton, Texas, 76513. We are limiting our classes to six participants and two teachers, and social distancing and masks are required for all classes. We will also be taking temperature checks before allowing participants into class. The lobby is closed to the public, so attendants will meet in the lobby and be escorted into the classroom.
Class dates and times:
- Tuesday, May 18 at 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 25 at 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 1 at 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 8 at 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 15 at 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 22 at 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Classes are free and open for the community – no age or income requirements. Pre-registration is requested by contacting Theresa Mireles at 800-447-7169 or email@example.com.